• Bright hip hop with pop sensibility, Printz Board is known for his work with Black Eyed Peas, right now he's pursuing the solo route
• His debut single "#1" is out now, he gave a swaggalicious TWC personalized performance of his song "Hey You" just for us
• Printz puts his heart into his work and makes sure audiences leave his shows with a one-of-a-kind experience - hear him dish about his vision on this week's SoCal Beat http://printzboard.com/ The Tragic Thrills
• This 4-piece makes thick, radio-friendly, folksy melodies, you can pick up their debut self-titled album out now
• They performed their single "The Garden" for the show and gave us all the deets behind their music video, "Tears"
• Their main goals are to keep improving and creating material they're proud of, they truly believe in what they're doing - so give them a listen and watch them on this episode of SoCal Beat http://thetragicthrills.com/ Tech N9ne
• Known for his killer blend of rapid rap and metal, Tech N9ne is no stranger to collaborating with awesome artists - he teamed up with super producer Ross Robinson (Korn, Slipknot) to create his new EP, "Therapy"
• Tech delves into his thoughts on the industry and his creative process on this episode, he gives some great advice to stay inspired - SO TUNE IN!
• He has his own record label, Strange Music - he started it to carve out his own niche in the biz The Vim Dicta
• This 3-piece makes "psychogroove" with elements of jam and vintage influences
• The band's name came from placing the members' names in an anagram - they like to keep things sexy, classy, and cryptic
• You can pick up their new EP, "Von Tango" now, the racy cover was inspired by guitarist Matt's infatuation with mesmers http://thevimdicta.com/ Watch this SoCal Beat on Monday, December 2nd on TWC's SoCal101 (Ch. 354) at 9PM. Remember to watch it on Time Warner Cable's Video On Demand in Southern California: • Head To Channel 1 • Select Local • Arts & Entertainment • Then, SoCal Beat
Lost In Atlantis
• This neon rocktronica outfit totally rocks, they played the Kevin Says Stage at this year's Warped Tour - you gotta vote to get them on 2014's Warped, head to their web page below to see how
• I captured behind-the-scenes footage at the shoot for their new music video, "Hypnotic", tune it to see!
• Pick up their brand new album "Lover Freak", and watch them dish on what it was like to make the adorable, gory video for their single "Zombie Love" on this week's all new SoCal Beat https://www.facebook.com/lostinatlantis Mystik
• This LA-based 4-piece have that 90s charm, they make ethereal piano-driven rock
• Check out the cover art for their debut self-titled EP, they torched a mannequin right next to their rehearsal spot, tune in to hear the inspiration behind it
• They performed their single "Antigravity" for SoCal Beat, be sure to catch this exclusive performance http://www.mystikband.com/ Sweet Bump It
• The group consists of 7 members who make rowdy, party rock with a punk edge - and they do it responsibly!
• Their "First Slice EP" is out now, everything they do is DIY and balls to the wall (they don't half-do anything)
• Peep exclusive performances of their songs "Animal" and "Dauphine" on this episode, BAM! http://sweetbumpit.com/ Charlie Clark • A band guy at heart, this Scottish singer/songwriter (now LA-based) took the folk route when he decided to go solo • He hosts a weekly music night called "Mad For Sadness" at Taix Restaurant in Echo Park • He performed his single "Don't Let Me Down" off his new EP "Feel Something" on this week's SoCal Beat http://charlieclarkmusic.com/ This episode airs on TWC's SoCal101 (Ch. 354) Monday, November 18th at 9PM. Don't forget to watch it on Time Warner Cable's Video On Demand in Southern California! • Head To Channel 1 • Select Local • Arts & Entertainment • Then, SoCal Beat
• She's a witty singer/songwriter with unique vocals and loads of feelings - check out her latest EP, "Circus Head"
• She's a former Vh1 You Oughta Know artists and contestant on The Voice, Blake Shelton was her coach - catch this SoCal Beat to hear what she took from both experiences
• You can expect a live EP out very soon with her track "Magic" on it, watch her live performance of the single this week on the show http://charlottesometimesmusic.com/ Pop Noir
• UK twins Luke and Joe McGarry are Pop Noir - together they make awesome rock with electronic sprinkles and a hint of that 80s charm
• Their debut EP "Jealousy" is out now - the cover art was inspired by MC Escher
• Hear the guys dish about their super DIY approach on this week's SoCal Beat http://popnoir.org/ Victory
• Victory is the brainchild of solo LA-based artist Robert Fleming
• You can snag the upbeat rock n' roller's newest jams on his EP "Victory Is Music"
• He performs his sun-drenched singles "This, That Or This" and "Bad Man" on this week's all new SoCal Beat http://victoryismusic.com/ Von Shakes
• This Irish 4-piece makes straight up rock, they currently reside in New York
• Their brand new full-length is "Bohemia" - the cover art for the album and their music video "Bali II" compliment each other nicely with their Coney Island, vintage feel
• They perform their track "My Side" live on this week's episode http://www.vonshakes.com/
Don't miss this all new SoCal Beat on Monday 11/4 at 9PM on TWC's SoCal101 (Ch. 354).
Remember it's available on Time Warner Cable's Video On-Demand, as well!
• Go to Ch. 1
• Select Local
• Select Arts & Entertainment
• Then, click SoCal Beat for your SoCal music fix
• This dark, creepy LA-based 4-piece seriously rocks both live and in studio - be sure to check out their new album "1.1"
• They're looking to create a force and something timeless with their music
• Don't miss the live performance of their song "1.1" at The Federal in NoHo this week on SoCal Beat http://dekadesofficial.com/ QUEEN V
• Queen V's been pounding the rock pavement since the late 90s and has toured with the likes of Bon Jovi, Billy Idol, and Twisted Sister
• She's got a killer work ethic and a genuine passion for her craft - you'll notice in the interview this week
• Don't miss her live performance of her song "Right Or Wrong" on SoCal Beat http://queenv.com/ THE DONNIES THE AMYS
• 2 people and 1 adorable, smart lofi pop sound - they're straight out of Echo Park
• They self-recorded and self-released their debut self-titled album - these DIY'ers have that hip indie edge
• They dish about a few things that make their music tick this week on SoCal Beat http://www.thedonniestheamys.com/ MARCO ARGIRO
• This rock n' roller is currently on tour with his band Marco With Love behind his full-length, "Love"
• He's been involved with a few rock projects - perhaps the most notable is Marky Ramone's Blitzkrieg
• Check out the live performances of his songs "Love" and "In The Shade" at Piano Bar in Hollywood on this week's all new SoCal Beat http://marcoargiro.com/ Watch this SoCal Beat only on Time Warner Cable in Southern California on Monday 10/21 at 9PM on SoCal101 (Ch. 354).
Peep it on TWC's Video On Demand: • Go to Ch. 1 • Select Local • Select Arts & Entertainment • Then, SoCal Beat to view
Oh No Fiasco
• Colorful alt pop rock at its finest - these guys push the envelope in a beautiful, creative way
• They just released their brand new EP, "This Time It's Personal"
• I caught up with them on-set of their latest music video "All Systems Go" - you'll get a peek at the making of it on this week's SoCal Beat http://ohnofiasco.com/ Ayah Marar
• Just the right amount of EDM and epic doom pop - Ayah Marar is a totally driven, worldly artist
• She has her own label called Hussle Girl and she just released her full-length "The Real"
• She voices her opinions on the industry and dishes about her musical vision on this week's SoCal Beat http://ayahmarar.com/ Sonia Rao
• She's a New Jersey import now LA-based who makes music with heart
• She appeared on Season One of The Voice and decided to pursue songwriting shortly after that, her new EP "Los Angeles Part 1" is out now
• Tune in to SoCal Beat to hear all about her evolution as a songwriter http://soniarao.com/ Broken Anchor
• The project is the brainchild of indie singer/songwriter Austin Hartley-Leonard
• His new album "Fresh Lemonade" is out now, check out the art for it on this week's show and hear why he chose the unruly photo for it
• Austin also plays his song "Canada" live for the show and shares why he chose the eclectic concept for his music video "Never Leave Me Alone" http://brokenanchormusic.com/
• Watch this episode of SoCal Beat on Time Warner Cable's SoCal101 (Ch. 354 for HD) only in Southern California at 9PM on Monday, October 7th, 2013.
• Catch it on TWC's Local On-Demand - Select Arts & Entertainment, then SoCal Beat to view.
Catch this all new SoCal Beat Monday, 9/23 on TWC's SoCal101 (Ch. 354 for HD) at 9PM in all of Southern California!
• He makes pop/rock with an Americana twist - We caught up with him live at The Glass House in Pomona for this week's episode
• He just released a few tracks from his debut full-length album, "The Revolution", have a listen at Soundcloud.com/OfficialHudson
• He's all about people and is involved in a non-profit called Red Eye Inc. - find out more about this indie artist and his roots by watching this all new SoCal Beat
• R&B mixed with soulful pop - this guy placed 2nd on NBC's "The Sing Off" leading his high school a cappella group
• Michael O. is making a name for himself as a solo artist, he charted at #4 on the iTunes R&B charts and #3 on the iTunes soul charts right next to John Legend with his debut EP, "In The Beginning"
• Watch his off-the-cuff performance of his song, "Ooh Baby" on this week's SoCal Beat
The Filthy Souls
• These British alt rockers are seriously up and coming - their latest single "Destroy You" hit #1 on KROQ's Locals Only Playlist
• Frontman, Dave Green started the band back home in Wigan because he wanted more for his music
• I caught up with the guys at the Sunset Strip Music Festival and they told me all about the music they have out, their tres rock n' roll music videos for "Destroy You" and "Boys Will Be Out For A Fight" and their plans for this year
• Electronic alterna-pop with angelic vocals - Kelly Sweet is the perfect mix of talent, fashion and music
• She just released her brand new EP, "Sirens" that's avails for a limited time on her website Kelly-Sweet.com
• We talk all about her beautiful new music video for her single, "Ashes Of My Paradise" and her unique musical background on this all new SoCal Beat - Don't miss it!
• They make artistic melodies with heart, check out their latest release, "Flying At The Sun" - they tell us all about it in this week's episode
• They formed after the success of a song called "Tore My Heart" that appeared on "So You Think You Can Dance"
• I captured their kaleidoscopic show at the "Basement Sessions" at Hemingways in Hollywood
• The pop singer/songwriter has been on SoCal Beat before, but this time it's with a brand new full-length called "Ordinary Girl"
• We get a behind-the-scenes look at how she preps for a show
• She gives SoCal Beat a lovely acoustic performance at Room 5 in Hollywood with producer and co-writer ToneDef
Said The Whale
• These guys make indie rock with pop sensibility, they tell us about the concepts behind the music video for their new single "I Love You" on this episode
• Their new album "hawaiii" drops soon, they say it's a more to-the-point record than their previous work
• They've won a JUNO Award and fans have tattoos of their lyrics - see what makes them so cool on this week's SoCal Beat
• She's got a smoky, vintage sound and raw, graphic lyrics - check out her brand new EP "Save That Pillow"
• She tells me all about her 2 altruistic websites and what inspired them on this episode of SoCal Beat - LoveYourFlawz.com and TheGivingKeys.com
• Tune in to see her perform her singles "Save That Pillow" and "Just Another Day" live
Jared James Nichols
• A little retro and a whole lotta blues rock n' roll - this guy has mad guitar skills
• He just released his new album "Old Glory & The Wild Revival", he talks about what inspired that title on this week's show
• He performs his singles "Let You Go" and "Blackfoot" live at Swing House Studios for SoCal Beat
• Honest, sincere, enchanting and sweet, Juliet Piper is a singer/songwriter to put in your pocket - or at least your playlist :)
• She performs her song "Golden Hour" for SoCal Beat in her backyard on this week's episode
• She's got a few albums out there now, may I suggest checking them all out because her music is clever and calming
• They're a Swedish outfit that make melodic death metal, they're very different and very talented
• They don't do anything halfway and that's illustrated in their music videos "The Nexus" and "Burn With Me"
• They just released a brand new album, "The Nexus" and it's all part of a story continuing from their debut self-titled album, find out all about it on this week's SoCal Beat
• We caught his performances at Warner Bros. Records Summer Sessions - it was amazing
• This DJ's got Prince-like vocals and dream-like songs
• Find out what inspires him to make his music on this week's SoCal Beat!
• They perform their inspiring, empowering singles "Sing" and "Hold On" live for the show
• "Dirty fuzz pop rock" is what they call their genre
• These rockers are real and the real deal, they're a 2-fer
• He just released his brand new album "The Fight" and tells us all about it on this week's episode
• He performs his single "The Fight" and the visual music video for his candid song "Afraid" makes a cameo as well
• All of his music has a light to it, get a load of his "coffee shop arena rock" on this week's SoCal Beat
• This woman can sing, empower, uplift and inspire! She quick her successful corporate PR job to pursue music
• She appeared on Season 4 of The Voice and was on Team Usher
• She performs live at Swing House Studios in Hollywood just for us on this SoCal Beat episode
This episode is available exclusively on Time Warner Cable in Southern California. It's available On-Demand starting 8/10. It airs Monday, 8/12 at 9PM on TWC's SoCal101 (Ch. 101).
On this week's SoCal Beat we have:
• She likes the word "balls" and she makes some tasty looking turkey balls in the music video for her single "Stuck On You" - find out why she chose to cook in her vid by watching SoCal Beat
• Her dad was her first musical inspiration, which I find adorable
• She's got 2 albums out now and her third one is in the beginning phases of creation
• They're an LA-based rock trio who make a lot of noise - ear candy noise, the ladies love their tunes
• A lot of thought goes into the lyrics and music in each of their songs, check out their new EP, "Magnetic"
• They're super high-energy, you can see them perform live on this week's episode
• They're a boy band who've opened for Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block
• Their single "Take Me Home" is now showing in Coke commercials in movie theaters across the U.S.
• Peep the music video for their single, "Hell Yeah" - these guys can dance
SOUND STREET STUDIOS
• It's a straightforward, clean little rehearsal spot in Reseda, CA
• Bands who've been on the show like female fronted rock trio, VARNA and g-punkers, New Beat Fund rehearse there
• They also rent equipment in and outside of the studios
This episode is available only on Time Warner Cable in Southern California. It will be available On-Demand Saturday, 7/27. To access Go to Channel 1>Local>SoCal's Best>SoCal Beat.
It will air Monday, 7/29 at 9PM and again at 11:30PM on Ch. 101.